Download Arrival & Departure Procedures
On the Day of Your Trip
Please take the time to review this information before your trip to The Garde Arts Center.
elow are arrival and departure procedures along with a form to be completed the day of your trip prior to arriving to the theater, please wait to be greeted by a Garde Staff member before departing your bus.
If you are arriving by car: On street parking in downtown New London is very limited and we strongly encourage carpooling when possible. There is no public or theater patron parking allowed at the New London Library, Holiday Inn and Tony D’s/ Fiddleheads parking lot. We recommend that you park on street, please note 2 hour time limit. Please do not park in the areas designated for school bus pick up and drop off. These areas are marked with temporary ‘EMERGENCY NO PARKING TOW ZONE’ signs.
Arrival & Departure Procedures
1. Please arrive NO LATER than (thirty) 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
2. Late arrivals will be seated at the discretion of the house management.
3. Please have the bus drive up State Street so that students are only exiting the bus on the theater side of the street.
4. Please do not have students exit the bus until a Garde Staff member greets your bus.
5. Further seating instructions as well as departure instructions will be given upon entering the lobby.
6. Garde ushers will take your group to your assigned seats.
7. EVERY SEAT MUST BE OCCUPIED! Please do not leave any empty seats; no coats, purses or other belongings may occupy seats.
8. Please assist the ushers by making sure that the students are QUIET to enable everyone to hear and follow instructions.
1. Please do NOT dismiss your class before receiving instructions. You will be given departure instructions at the end of the performance, please listen carefully to the announcement for instructions on when and where you class will be dismissed to your buses. They vary with each performance, so it is important that the directions specific to each show are followed for safety reasons.
2. Please assist the ushers by making sure that the students are QUIET to enable everyone to hear and follow instructions.
3. You will exit the theatre at different locations depending on your seating location with each show, and you will then proceed to the buses.