(Last Updated 3-28-2020 12:11 am)
The Garde Box Office will be open by phone between 10 am and 2 pm, Monday through Friday at 860-444-7373 x 1. Tickets for all upcoming shows are on sale on the Garde website 24/7. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Garde events have been rescheduled. Previously purchased tickets are valid for the same seat for the new date.
- Eastern CT Symphony Orchestra – Spring Strings (March 28; NEW DATE: May 23, 2020)
- The High Kings (March 20; NEW DATE: July 5)
- Dave Mason (March 21; NEW DATE: September 11)
- Melissa Etheridge (April 3; NEW DATE: October 11)
- A Bronx Tale (April 11; NEW DATE: September 25)
- Arrival from Sweden (April 4; NEW DATE: March 5, 2021)
The following Garde events are being rescheduled from the dates listed, so hold on to your tickets for:
- A Bowie Celebration (March 29; NEW DATE to be announced shortly)
- New London Talent Show (April 18; NEW DATE to be announced)
- Eastern CT Symphony Orchestra – Feast & Fireworks (April 25; NEW DATE to be announced)
- B – The Underwater Bubble Show (May 3; NEW DATE to be announced)
- Another Tequila Sunrise (May 9; NEW DATE to be announced)
- Die Fledermaus (May 14; NEW DATE to be announced)
- Chicago (May 16 and 17; NEW DATE to be announced)
Ticketholders for events being rescheduled will receive an email bulletin with further information about holding seats or exchanges.
The Garde is a non-profit organization that relies on its ability to serve the community in order to survive. Loss of programming has caused an extreme hardship. During this extended “intermission” only advance sales and tax-deductible gifts will sustain the Garde. Please consider making a gift on-line, buying tickets for future shows, or donating your tickets for others. For more information about how you can help, call Jeanne at 860-444-4430.
The Garde Arts Center believes that fostering communication builds community…and protects community. The Garde will do all it can to help keep our community informed and safe in the face of this current novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We understand that this is a dynamic, quickly changing situation. As always, we will communicate clearly and directly about our plans and activities to our valued patrons, volunteers, staff, guest artists and community members.
We are monitoring the evolving Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation closely, and will be following the protocols recommended by the appropriately informed agencies, including the Ledge Light Health District, the Connecticut Dept. of Public Health, and affiliated state and federal agencies.
When we re-open, we will be implementing the following prevention and response measures:
- Increasing the frequency of facility cleaning, especially before and during public events.
- Automating 20 restroom faucets, 18 toilets and nine hand-towel dispensers.
- Placing hand sanitizers stations in the lobbies as they become available.
- Staff and volunteers will be encouraged to stay home if they feel unwell or have been tested positive or have come into contact with someone who has been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Ticketholders will also be encouraged to stay home if they feel unwell. Your health is our first priority, no matter who is on the Garde stage.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement of any event at the Garde, the box office will notify ticketholders and the general public through email, FaceBook, Twitter, and the Garde website and broadcast outlets. For questions, contact our Box Office at (860)444-7373 x1 or email@example.com
- The Garde Arts Center believes that fostering communication builds community…and protects community. The Garde will do all it can to help keep our community informed and safe in the face of this current novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We understand that this is a dynamic, quickly changing situation. As always, we will communicate clearly and directly about our plans and activities to our valued patrons, volunteers, staff, guest artists and community members.
Contact the Box Office
BY PHONE – (860)444-7373 x1
BY EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE – www.gardearts.org
Tickets available 24 hours a day on the Garde’s secure website with MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. The Garde utilizes the highest level of state-of-art credit card and cyber security protocols including Point-to-Point Encryption.
Buy Tickets & Gift Certificates
View this Seasons’ Brochure
Please contact us at (860)444-7373 x1 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Sales & Fees
All ticket purchases are final and non-refundable. Discounts cannot be applied after purchase.
Per-item, per-order and delivery fees may be added to tickets purchased, and vary according to method of purchase and event requirements.
Getting Your Tickets
Ticket buyers can have their tickets picked up at the box office at time of purchase, emailed as a scannable, downloadable document (which can also be saved to a smart phone), shipped by USPS First Class mail, or held at the Will Call window for pick-up the day of the event.
Per ticket item fee, an order fee, and, if tickets are shipped, a $1.50 shipping fee are added to the purchase. Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery of shipped tickets.
Tickets purchased fewer than 10 days prior to the performance date, or otherwise noted, will be held at Will Call.
Patrons may be asked to present a valid photo ID that matches the name on the purchase order when picking up tickets.
Exchanges are subject to Box Office policy and event restrictions. Exchange requests must be made at least 48 hours prior to a performance. Exchange fees are added, except for Garde members at the Producer ($250) level or higher.
Tickets may not be exchanged until the Box Office receives and accepts the original tickets or a copy of the voided tickets. When returning your tickets by mail, please remember to clearly indicate the performance to which you are changing.
If you are no longer able to attend a performance for which you purchased tickets, you may donate the face value of your tickets to the Garde Arts Center. Patrons who make ticket donations will receive a letter acknowledging their donation for tax purposes. If the tickets are valued at more than $60, you will also receive Friends of the Garde Benefits. Donation requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to a performance.
In the event of inclement weather, if the artist is able to reach the venue, the performance shall go on.
In the event of a cancellation or postponement, the Garde will notify current ticket holders via e-mail and/or phone. To find out if a performance is canceled due to inclement weather, please check the Garde Arts Center’s Website, Facebook, or Twitter; or The New London Day’s Website, or call the Garde Box Office at (860)444-7373 x1.
You waive your right to a courtesy notification regarding cancellation by refusing to provide contact information. When you purchase your tickets, the Garde requests that you provide us with your e-mail and phone number so that we are able to communicate with you in the event of cancellation. If you have questions about whether a performance is taking place, we advise you to call the Box Office for confirmation.
In the event of a show cancellation, tickets can be exchanged or refunded.
The Garde reserves the right to change program dates, times, artists and prices without notice.
Third Party Tickets
The Garde Arts Center is the ONLY AUTHORIZED ON-LINE TICKET SELLER for Garde events. Make sure the website address you’re purchasing from starts with either of the following:
Ticket buyers assume full responsibility for tickets purchased through any other third-party ticket sellers.
The Garde cannot guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased through third-party ticket sellers and will deny entry to the venue to any patron with fraudulent tickets. Ticket orders suspected to be in violation of the Garde’s Third Party Ticket Purchases policy will be voided and canceled without advance notice. Additionally, the Garde reserves the right to restrict or deny ticket purchasing privileges to anyone that we determine to be, or have been, in violation of our policies.
Be wary of all internet “resale marketplaces”, ticket brokers and “third-party” ticket sellers. They often identify themselves by fine print that states, “We are a resale marketplace, not the original ticket seller.” When you see an online ticket vendor selling tickets for a Garde event, we recommend not buying. Tickets purchased from these sources are often more expensive, invalid, and ineligible for assistance if the tickets are lost or stolen or if the event is canceled or rescheduled.
The Garde is not responsible for tickets purchased from third parties. If in doubt, please call our Box Office at (860)444-7373 x1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you buy.
Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more for some Garde presented events. Please come into the Garde Box Office or call (860)444-7373 x1, for further information.
Special Promotion Discounts
Promotional discounts may be available from time to time. When applicable, Discount Codes can be entered on the checkout page for online purchases, or used during phone or in-person purchase.
Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets. Not valid with other discounts, offers or promotions. Limited quantities available. All ticket purchases are final.
Order processing and internet fees are not discounted. Limit 9 tickets per order. Some restrictions may apply. No cash value. Call the Garde Box Office for details.
If you are having trouble applying the Discount Code online, PLEASE DO NOT place your order online. Call the Garde Box Office during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm) and two hours before performances at (860)444-7373 x1.
Senior, Student, AARP & Military Discounts
Senior, student, AARP, military discounts available for most Garde-presented events. Call Box Office for specific details, (860)444-7373 x1.
Precautions Against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Garde Arts Center wants you to know that the safety of our audiences, artists, volunteers and staff is of paramount importance to us—especially during this period as we monitor information regarding the coronavirus and its potential impact. We will continue to monitor and evaluate our procedures according to the guidance of the CDC and local and State officials.
What is the Garde Arts Center doing to minimize risk?
In addition to communicating best health and safety practices to our internal and external guests, the Garde has implemented enhanced environmental cleaning throughout our venues and offices. This includes:
- Additional cleaning of all frequently touched counter-tops, handrails, doorknobs, and armrests
- Transition of all solvents to a disinfectant version in order to provide enhanced germ-free environments at every touch point
- Addition of new hand sanitizers throughout all spaces
- Installation of hands-free automated sink faucets, toilets, and towel dispensers
How can I best ensure my safety and that of others at the Garde Arts Center?
To further minimize risks for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the following:
- Do not attend a Garde event if you are not feeling well and/or are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Practice good respiratory etiquette (e.g., cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing)
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly
- Yale New Haven Health has a hotline with medical personnel available for COVID questions and concerns: (203) 688-1700
- Keep yourself informed through the CDC website. For CT latest news go to https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus
- Feel free to ask any questions or express your concerns to Garde staff or email email@example.com.
General House Policies
- The lobbies generally open 60 minutes prior to show time; it is recommended that all patrons arrive 45 minutes prior to show time in order to find parking.
- The taking of photographs or recordings of any kind at any time during performances is prohibited, subject to the restrictions of the performers.
- Outside food is not permitted in the theatre.
- Patrons must follow the directions of the house staff at all times.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of house staff or as permitted by the artist.
- Garde staff reserves the right to ask any patron creating a disturbance to leave the theater
- Children under the age of four are only permitted at performances for which age recommendations are listed on the event web page.
- While on Garde premises, children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- All persons entering the theatre, no matter how young, must have a ticket and their own seat to comply with fire codes.
- All persons and bags may be subject to search
- Anyone exiting the building may be subject to search upon re-entry.
- Some performances may require hand held metal detectors (wanding) or walk-through metal detectors in addition to bag checks upon entry.
- Prohibited items include
- Outside Food, Beverage and Alcohol
- Helium balloons, beach balls or other projectiles
- Backpacks or Large bags (larger than 12”x12”x6″); exceptions will be made for medically necessary items and diaper bags after proper inspection
- Noisemakers or air horns
- Animals (with the exception trained service animals)
- Laser pointers
- Illegal Drugs
- Weapons of any kind (including props/toys) and not limited to firearms, knives, and chemical defense weapons such as pepper spray or mace are not permitted in the venue. In the event an illegal item is discovered, Garde staff will immediately notify the local law enforcement personnel.
- Smoking of cigarettes, vapor smoking, or e-cigarettes
- Any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Garde Management
The Garde Arts Center is committed to making its performances and facilities accessible to patrons. If you have questions about accessibility at the Garde, please call (860)444-7373 x1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Garde Theater has wheelchair accessible locations where patrons can remain in their wheelchair on the orchestra level. Some orchestra aisle seats are equipped with removable armrests to aid in seating from a wheelchair. The balcony and loge seating areas are not wheelchair accessible. The Garde lobbies and the Oasis Room are equipped with ramps, elevators, restrooms, and seating to accommodate wheelchairs. Please inform the Box Office of any accessibility needs when purchasing tickets by phone or in person. If you purchase tickets in the wheelchair accessible area online, please inform an usher at the time of the show and they will assist you in getting to your seat.
Mobility aids that cannot be stored safely within the patron’s seating will be stored outside the theater as close as possible to patron’s seat.
It is recommended that patrons who use wheelchairs bring a companion to assist them in maneuvering the wheelchair on the premises.
The main entrances for the Garde and Oasis Room are fully accessible through the Lobby. An accessible entrance is also located at the lower Lobby entrance and is available upon request.
The Garde is equipped with accessible restrooms on the main and mezzanine lobby levels.
Elevators and restrooms are equipped with Braille buttons for patrons with visual impairments.
Accessible bars are located on the main and mezzanine lobby levels.
Large Print Playbills
Text portions of the Garde Playbill are available in a large print format for select performances, as a supplement to our regular program. To receive one, please call at least 48 hours in advance (860)444-4430.
Infrared Listening System
The Sennheiser Listening System provides amplified sound through headphones and is available free of charge at the House Manager Desk, with the deposit of a credit card or driver’s license. Patrons bringing their own headset should call to make sure it will function with the Sennheiser System.
Although animals are not allowed within the facility, service animals (limited to dogs) are welcome inside. Service dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service animal to an event, please notify your ticket representative at the time of purchase so that an appropriate seat may be purchased for you.
Emergency Evacuation Assistance
Garde employees and volunteers have been trained in proper procedures for emergency evacuation situations and will assist patrons with disabilities to the locations specified in the emergency evacuation situation.