Postponed Event (as of April 20, 2022)
- The Atlantic City Blues Brothers originally scheduled for Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 3pm – Due to unforeseen circumstances, The Atlantic City Blues Brothers concert in the Oasis Room is canceled. A new date will be planned for a date in the fall or in 2023. Ticket buyers will be notified. Call the Garde box office for more information (860) 444-7373 ext 1. Thank you for your understanding.
COVID Precautions (as of April 5, 2022):
- Weird Al Yankovic on Wed. May 4, 2022 at 8pm – Masks are welcome but not required. The artist does require proof of full Covid vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event or a negative COVID-19 Antigen test within 48 hours is required for entry to this event.
- Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra’s Joyful Dances on Sat. May 7, 2022 at 7:30pm – Masks are required for entry to this performance as well as proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance or a negative COVID-19 Antigen test within 48 hours.
Due to the recent decline in severe illness, hospitalizations, and positivity rates in our region, to enter the Garde patrons are not required be masked or show proof of full vaccination, (or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or a negative COVID-19 antigen test), subject to any changes in public health conditions, or unless otherwise required by guest performers.
For details on the protocol for any event check the Garde website or contact the box office at email@example.com or by calling 860-444-7373 ext 1 Monday through Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. The Box Office will make the best effort to notify previous ticket buyers of any protocol changes before the event.
MESSAGE FROM THE HEALTH DISTRICT (March 3, 2022)
Based on surveillance data available in a new tool created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) called COVID-19 Community Levels, the municipalities within Ledge Light Health District (and all of New London County) are currently classified as low, the “best” classification available based on these new metrics.
Whether or not facemasks are required at certain Garde events, it is very important to remember that COVID-19 has receded but not disappeared. Wearing a facemask is still a good practice to prevent respiratory infections and illnesses such as Flu and COVID-19 and we should respect and assist those who choose to wear masks.
- Box Office: On the day of a show, the Box Office will open at two hours before showtime. However, if you need help or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
- Arrival: The Garde lobbies open one hour before showtimes. Please arrive in New London one to two hours early, especially if dining downtown, to ensure you have adequate time to get to the theater.
- Entry Requirements (COVID Protocol): Please show your vaccination card or proof of negative PCR test or Antigen test to the usher outside the theater. To enter the building you must wear a mask, whether or not you are vaccinated, per the City of New London mandate. You may lower the mask when actively eating or drinking.
- Seating: Please check your tickets carefully for your seating location. The orchestra seating is on the main floor, and the loge and balcony entrances are upstairs on the mezzanine level. Every seat with a 3-digit number is in the center section. The right side of the theater is even-numbered, and the left side is odd-numbered.
- Parking: Available on all public streets, behind the State Courthouse(free) across from the Garde at the rear entrance at Cottage Street off of Broad Street; at the Governor Winthrop Blvd Garage(pay; opens 4 pm) located the back of the theater across from Holiday Inn; at the municipal surface parking lots on Eugene O’Neill Drive, and the municipal Water Street garage.
- Restaurants are primarily located on State Street and Bank Street. For certain restaurants, reservations a day or more in advance are strongly recommended for downtown dining. Popular pre-show restaurants include these closest to the Garde: Two Wives Brick Oven + Eatery, La Luna Ristorante, Tony D’s, and, across from the Garde, Draft Choice, which is offering a 10% discount off the bill for concertgoers! Check our Area Dining Guide for more options.
“SAFE-GARDE”: is a layered health protection approach
The Garde Arts Center is one of the safest indoor theaters in Connecticut.
In January of 2021, an independent firm, Sustainable Engineering Solutions, completed an analysis of the air handling systems for all Garde-owned properties which confirmed the quality of our heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems. Our recently installed state-of-the-art rooftop units meet or exceed recommended standards.
In the auditorium, for example, within a 20-minute period, the air is completely replaced with outside air. The theater system has double filtration and MERV 14 filters, which, along with the theater’s extremely high ceiling and large volume, make the Garde especially safe for audiences.
In the lobbies, the air is replaced with outside air every 7 minutes and the HVAC systems have been augmented with additional filtration and ultraviolet sterilization. There are touchless amenities and hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobbies.
Currently, before entry into the lobby, every audience member will be asked to show documentation indicating full vaccination. A patron is considered “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19 by a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen). Please keep your documentation handy.
Acceptable proof of full vaccination include:
- Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date of the last dose administered) OR
- a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR
- a photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.
Those individuals unable to be fully vaccinated, including children under 12, must present before entry into the lobby proof of a negative Covid PCR test (taken within 72 hours of performance) or a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to start time. Acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result include:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include the name of the person tested, the type of test performed, and the date of the negative test result (date of negative PCR test result must be within prior 72 hours)
.Thank you for your cooperation.