A BRIEF MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
The Garde Arts Center is one of the safest indoor theaters in Connecticut.
In January of 2021 an independent firm, Sustainable Engineering Solutions completed an analysis of the air handling systems for all Garde-owned properties which confirmed the quality of our heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems. Our recently installed state-of-the-art rooftop units meet or exceed recommended standards. In the auditorium, for example, within a 20-minute period, the air is completely replaced with outside air. The theater system has double filtration and MERV 14 filters, which, along with the theater’s extremely high ceiling and large volume, make the Garde especially safe for audiences.
The State of CT allows full capacity for indoor theaters but requires those unvaccinated to wear a mask.
TO PREPARE FOR REOPENING, the Garde has been
- Honoring all tickets purchased for future shows for the same seat if the
show reschedules. There is a “no questions asked” ticket refund
policy for all events that have been rescheduled due to COVID-19.
- Hosting select “housewarming” events during the summer
- Adding additional filtration and ultraviolet sterilization to our state-of-the-art
new air conditioning systems.
- Rehiring, recruiting, and retraining staff lost during the shutdown;
- Upgrading audio and lighting systems; and,
- Modifying lobby and restroom facilities and procedures